Caribbean Premier League (CPL) brings six franchises together wherein each of them participates with a squad of 15 team members. The professional league is offering quality cricket for the viewers since 2013. If you want to get some ideas about CPL betting, then you are at the right place. Read our gambling guide for CPL 2021, which is scheduled in September and October.
Best CPL Betting sites
- Betway: One of the best cricket betting sites, Betway is a perfect place to register when you are aiming for CPL. Whether we talk about its website or app, both are user-friendly and hence, great if you are betting for the first time. The online bookie has an easy to navigate live betting section. Apart from that, it has all the major deposit and withdrawal modes, which makes your betting experience smooth.
Welcome bonus: 100 % bonus up to $200
- 10Cric: In 2019, 10Cric was the official betting partner of CPL. So, you cannot deny the authenticity of this online bookmaker. Plus, it accepts all the major payment methods including Skrill and Neteller. The betting website also transacts with Bitcoin.
Welcome Bonus: 100 % bonus up to 10, 000 INR
- ComeOn: Launched in 2010, ComeOn primarily focuses on cricket, which is the main reason why it deserves your attention. The online bookie is one of the best places for CPL betting because of its user-friendly interface and in-play gambling feature. Plus, it accepts a decent number of payment mods to makes your gambling experience convenient.
Welcome Bonus: 100% deposit bonus worth 2, 500 INR for sports betting registration
- LeoVegas Sport: One of the most reputed and reliable online bookies, LeoVegas started in 2011. Since then the bookmaker is offering smooth cricket betting both on desktop as well as smartphones. You can try it for CPL betting 2021 because the LeoVegas website and app are fast. Plus, both of them gives you the option of live cricket betting.
Welcome Bonus: 100% up to 10, 000 INR if you bet with odds of 1.80 or higher
- Pari Match: A modern betting service provider, Pari Match has a unique and easy to navigate interface that makes the betting process easy as well as enjoyable. The website is one of the best for CPL because of its higher odds and multiple payment methods. Apart from CPL, it offers to bet for all the other cricket leagues and matches including ODI, tests, and T20.
Welcome Bonus: Double first deposit up to 8, 000 INR
- 1XBet: One of the biggest cricket betting websites, 1XBet covers all the CPL matches. Apart from that, it also allows you to bet on all the other cricket matches happening around the world. Besides, the bookmaker has 24/7 support, which is fast and efficient in case you are facing any troubles.
Welcome Bonus: 100% bonus for the first deposit up to 8, 000 INR
- 22Bet: An European cricket betting website, 22Bet started in 2018. The bookmaker offers one of the CPL betting services because of its higher odds and responsive customer support. In CPL 2021, you can try this website because it will cover all games in live streaming. The online bookie is expanding rapidly because it allows you to bet on multiple other sports betting services apart from cricket.
Welcome Bonus: 100% bonus up to 10, 000 INR
- BetWinner: One of the best cricket bookmakers, BetWinner is suitable for CPL betting because it offers high odds and a wide variety of gambling options. If you are excited about the Caribbean League, then try this website and you will not feel disappointed at all. Even the registration form is very easy and it takes a few minutes to place your first bet.
Welcome Bonus: 100% bonus for the first deposit up to 8, 000 INR
- Casumo: If you want one of the best CPL betting sites, then try Casumo because it offers competitive odds and accepts all the payment methods including Skrill, Paytm, GPay, Neteller, and UPI. Well, it’s not the end. This online bookie offers 100 percent free deposits and withdrawals. As its payment methods are secure, you don’t have to worry about your money or the winning amount.
Welcome Bonus: Up to 3, 000 INR if you bet using 1, 000 INR
- Funbet: As you can understand from its name, Funbet makes your gambling process enjoyable. The online bookies have an easy signup process. As it accepts multiple payment methods, you can easily make a deposit or withdraw the winning amount. Welcome Bonus: 100% up to 10, 000 INR
CPL 2021 Predictions and Preview
If you want high-quality cricket betting, then CPL 2021 is the tournament you should try. Do you know why? Because some of the best T20 batsmen and bowlers will be playing in CPL 2021. Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Ross Taylor, Sunil Narine, Imran Tahir, Colin Munro, and Andre Russell are some of them. So, you can imagine how exciting and thrilling the next season will be.
Apart from these star players, many other West Indian cricketers can show you some fantastic innings with the bat or magical spells with the ball. Trinbago Knight Riders won the CPL 2020. Now, we have to see whether the franchise can hold the crown this year or some other team will rise.
CPL 2021 will involve six teams. They will play 34 matches together from 4 Sept to 12 Oct 2021.
1. Trinbago Knight Riders
- CPL 2020 result: Champions
- Players to watch: Dwayne Bravo, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine
2020 CPL was one of the best seasons for Trinbago Knight Riders because not only they won all 10 matches, but also came out as a champion. All the fans were expected this franchise to perform better because it comprises some of the top-notch T20 resources and they did it this season.
Similar to last season, Kieron Pollard will lead TKR in CPL 2021 as well. You cannot doubt his abilities as he is the best T20 batsman in West Indies. He has the strength and power to change the game single-handedly.
Pollard is not only a batting giant and gun fielder, but he can also bowl well. Trinidadian cricketer proved his mettle in CPL 2020 by winning the title of Man of the Series and we are expecting something similar in this season as well.
The captain will have support from some experienced T20 players like Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, and Sunil Narine. Sikandar Raza can bat well and Fawad Ahmed is also there when the team needs short partnerships.
TKR’s bowling department comprises some of the competent spinners like Narine, Pravin Tambe, and Khary Pierre. Ali Khan can be an effective bowler as well. We agree that the franchise does not have depth when it comes to pace bowling. Still, they have managed to win four CPL titles.
As you see, there are lots of talent and power hitters in TKR. But, a lot of things depend upon its captain, and other experienced players like Bravo, Narine, and Munro. If these players can continue to hit boundaries and take wickets, Trinbago Knight Riders might be able to defend their trophy.
- All-rounders’ that can change the game within few hours
- Lots of experienced players
- High-quality spinners can be very lethal to the oppositions
- The pace attack is weak when compared to other teams
- Depends a lot on star players
2. Lucia Zouks
- CPL 2020 result: Runner up
- Players to watch: Mohammad Nabi, Andre Fletcher, Obed McCoy
Equipped with some outstanding T20 players, St. Lucia Zouks is the runner up only because they lost too many matches this season. But, we can expect better performances next season. As we know, Daren Sammy leads the pack and Andre Fletcher is always there to hit some sixes. So, a lot of things will depend upon these two in CPL 2021.
Fetcher made a whopping 211 runs with a strike rate of 127.9 in CPL 2020, but other batsmen were not equally damaging. Players like Mohammad Nabi, Kavem Hodge, Leniko Boucher, and Rakheem Cornwall will play a crucial role in the next season. Nabi already impressed us by taking 5 wickets against St Kitts & Nevis Patriots in CPL 2020. Let’s see if he can continue his form.
St. Lucia Zouks has a high quality bowling unit comprising some economical bowlers. Obed McCoy and Kesrick Williams are excellent when we talk about limited cricket. Chemar Holder can generate the required pace as well.
The franchise lacks world-class cricketers. We agree that it has some talented personalities, but replacements are expected next season. It could be a tough one for St. Lucia Zouks.
- Economical bowling unit
- Powerful hitters
- Batting unit lacks depth
3. Guyana Amazon Warriors
- CPL 2020 Result: 3rd
- Players to watch: Nicholas Pooran, Imran Tahir, Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King
In CPL 2019, The Guyana Amazon Warriors was unbeaten till the final, but they lost 4 matches in 2020. It’s cruel to see why a franchise with multiple talented cricketers is yet to win a title in CPL. Their batting is strong due to players like Shimron Hetmyer, Sherfane Rutherford, Nicholas Pooran, and Brandon King.
Ross Taylor adds to the experience. The former captain of the New Zealand national team can clear the ropes when required and also can build partnerships. These are the reasons why he’s one of the best T20 players currently. All-rounders’ like Chris Green, Keemo Paul, and Chandrapaul Hemraj balances the team by contributing at the right time.
Imran Tahir leads the spin bowling and we know how lethal he can be. Fast bowling could be a problem. The team needs some of the high-quality pace bowlers to win matches in the upcoming CPL.
- Powerful batting lineup with experienced players to absorb the pressure
- High-quality leg spinners
- The pace bowling attack is not up to the mark
4. Jamaica Tallawahs
- CPL 2020 Result: 4th
- Players to watch: Carlos Brathwaite, Rovman Powell, Andre Russell
Well, it will not be wrong to call Jamaica Tallawahs the most imbalanced team of CPL 2020. The franchise always has a star player underperforming every year. We are not talking about Chris Gayle because he is no longer a part of this team.
Even with top-notch all-rounders like Andre Russell, Rovman Powell, and Carlos Brathwaite, the franchise was able to win only three out of ten games in CPL 2020. Still, we cannot count them out in the next season because these players can bounce back.
Talking about the positives, Glenn Phillips had a good season in 2020. He scored 316 runs with a strike rate of 127.4. Chadwick Walton is supporting him because he also scored a useful 207 runs in the last season. Nkrumah Bonner and Asif Ali reinforces batting depth and add some stock for the bowling unit as well.
Their bowling unit is also good because of Sandeep Lamichhane. Oshane Thomas and Fidel Edwards are potential bowlers as well. So, if you consider their bowling attakh and all-rounders, Jamaica Tallawahs can do better than just winning a few matches.
- Dependable all-rounders
- Variety of bowlers provides depth to the attach
- The batting line up is weak and a lot depends on power hitters
- Fitness is an issue with this franchise
5. Barbados Tridents
- CPL 2020 Result: 5th
- Players to watch: Hayden Walsh, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Hales, Rashid Khan
The franchise showcased poor performance in CPL 2020 by winning mere 3 matches out of 10. They have Rashid khan to strengthen the bowling attack. Hayden Walsh Jr. has been one of the best wicket-takers. Raymon Riefer and Jason Holder are also there to do the needful. Still, the unit needs to work more as a team if they want to be a threat in CPL 2021.
Tridents has a weak batting line up. Johnson Charles is the only batsman who can lead from the front. However, Jonathan Carter needs to show some more confidence and bat better. You need to wait before trying your luck on Tridents. Let them play a couple of matches and only then, you can place a bet.
- Bowling attack is incredible
- Mant T20 specialist who can change the game
- Not many dependable batsmen
6. Kitts and Nevis Patriots
- CPL 2020 Result: 6th
- Players to watch: Chris Lynn, Sheldon Cottrell, Evin Lewis
The Patriots won only one match in the last season of CPL. The team tried well some of the times, but cannot make it count. Its players can perform better in CPL 2021. But, the batting line up is still a problem. None of the batsmen were able to score more than 200 runs this season.
Ben Dunk and Denesh Ramdin are out of form but have lots of talent and potential. Chris Lynn is a powerful hitter who can win matches for the Patriots. He has performed well in the previous sessions. If he gets some support from other batsmen, then there are chances this team can perform well in the upcoming league.
Rayad Emrit and Sheldon Cottrell lead the bowling department and both can destroy any of the batting lineups in the league. Alzarri Joseph, Ish Sodhi, and Alzarri Joseph are also there for support. As you can see, there is nothing wrong with the bowlers on this team. They only need to work on their batting department and the Patriots can win more matches gradually.
- Powerful hitters in the batting lineup
- Well settled bowling unit
- The batting lineup lacks depth
- Lack of consistency
As we told you, CPL was started in 2013. But, we didn’t tell you that it replaced the Caribbean Twenty20 competition, which happened only 4 times before CPL took over. CPL is a premier league in T20 cricket, which produces quality players for the future. The love for cricket is the only foundation of this tournament. It’s the reason why the league involves participants from all the Caribbean including St Kitts and Nevis, Jamaica, and Barbados.
Caribbean Premier League cricket grounds are spread all over America, starting from Central Broward Regional Park, Florida to Sabina Park Jamaica. The first six teams competing in CPL 2013 were Jamaica Tallawahs, Barbados Tridents, Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel (Trinbago Knight Riders now), Guyana Amazon Warriors, St Lucia Zouks, and Antigua Hawksbills. In 2015, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots joined the league.
Hero CPL is the official name of this league because Hero MotoCorp is the primary sponsor here. The Indian brand primarily manufactures motorcycles and scooters. It is one of the richest in this world. So, the salary cap of the CPL is $1,000,000 per season.
CPL is one of the widely viewed cricket tournaments. You cannot find domestic cricket so easily on big channels, but there are multiple networks interested in showing this league. For instance, it’s available in the UK on Dave. The channel is available on BT, Freeview, Sky, and all other service providers.
Most of the Caribbean channels including ZIZ, TV Guyana, CBC, and CNC3 show CPL. In India, the CPL 2021 will be broadcasted by Star Sports.
If you are residing in the USA, then watch CPL on ESPN. In Pakistan, the league is covered by TEN Sports. Sky sports is responsible for the broadcast in New Zealand and Fox Sports in Australia. These are only some of the primary channels. You can watch the league on multiple other channels.
Mayank Chowdhary is a professional cricket player in domestic cricket in India. He is very passionate about cricket and knows ins and out of cricket betting. With this long experience, now he has decided to share his experience with other cricket lover like you. Know more at the about me page.